2023-2024 Student Handbook and Catalog
You may have noticed construction underway on the Barton Campus. We are proud to be transforming our campus so that our facilities are student and future-focused, creating spaces where we can offer many different modes of instructional delivery that allow all learning styles to be well supported.
Campus improvements will bring together the changing needs of learners and those who will employ them. We expect our newest facility, the Prisma Health Center for Health & Life Sciences, to open in 2024 as a hub for the sciences and general education requirements. Once that building is complete, we will move forward with renovation plans that create flexible and dynamic learning environments across our campuses to support rapidly changing workforce needs.
This campus renewal supports our mission of transforming lives through education. We deliver the relevant skills you need to enter the job market, move up within your field, or prepare for transfer to a four-year institution.
Whatever your goal, we are here to help you achieve it. From the moment you begin your GTC journey until the day we celebrate your success at commencement, we provide the resources and support you need to complete your classes, move ahead with your educational plans, and graduate.
Each student is important to us, and we are proud that the Greenville Tech family includes a wide array of backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities. The welcoming environment that we provide for both students and employees has earned us the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity award six times, most recently in 2022.
Thank you for choosing Greenville Technical College!
Keith Miller, Ph.D.
Greenville Technical College
Greenville Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Greenville Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Policy on Nondiscrimination
Greenville Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status in its programs or activities. The college complies with the provisions of
- Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Higher Education Amendments of 1986
- Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended
- the South Carolina Human Affairs Law of 1972
- the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and as amended the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA)
For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, students should use the following contacts:
- for Title IX inquiries, contact the Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Travis P. Gleaton, Associate Dean of Students at (864) 236-6523, TitleIX@gvltec.edu or Student Center, Bldg. 105, Rm. 218H, Barton Campus
- for Title IX inquiries, contact the Title IX Deputy Coordinator, Barbara Wilson, Manager of Benefits and Time Management, TitleIX@gvltec.edu or Student Center, Bldg. 105, Rm. 209, Barton Campus
- for Title II/Section 504 inquiries, contact Elaine Scott-Mattison, Student Disability Services Director at (864) 250-8408, DisabilityServices@gvltec.edu or Student Center, Bldg. 105, Rm. 113, Barton Campus
- for other inquiries, contact the Vice President for Human Resources/equal employment officer, Susan M. Jones, at (864) 250-8191
This catalog becomes effective Fall Semester 2023. It is for information only and does not constitute a contract. The college reserves the right to change, modify or alter, without notice, all fees, charges, tuition, expenses and costs of any kind; or any statement, written or verbal, in accordance with unforeseen conditions. The rules, regulations and policies in this catalog are based on present conditions and are subject to change without notice. Further, the college can add or delete without notice any course offerings or information contained in the catalog. Additional specific academic information may be obtained from an academic advisor and/or counselor. This Student Handbook and Catalog were last revised on April 17, 2020. Please visit https://www.gvltec.edu/catalog/ for any updates and/or addendums.
Information concerning the campus safety and security policy, crime statistics and the sex offenders’ registry is available online at https://www.gvltec.edu/cleryreport/. If you prefer to meet with someone in person for more information, visit the GTC Police office on one of our campuses or call (864) 250-8001.